
Way back when, 29 years ago, I went on my first date on Friday, February 13. Hard to believe now that my folks let me go,wish they hadn't. I ended up marrying that guy some 7 or 8 years later only to be divorced. Now, that's a different story..but Friday the 13th was our first date, a double date with my best friend and her boyfriend. I wound up in the hospital emergency room at 10:30p.m.. I left the hospital with 70 some stitches in my head. Now you think that would have been a clue...DON'T continue seeing this guy-but what did I do?? Married him. Ahh yes another of life's little lessons...nothing like getting knocked on the head and not paying attention. Ever since that Friday the 13th, and no I have never forgotten it, I stay home. Any Friday the 13th kind of bothers me if you want to know the truth. Never, Never would I watch those Friday the 13th movies.
I have lost touch with all of the people we were with that night. We were in a van, you know..carpet.stereo system, funky lights...disco time. I actually cut my head on a stereo speaker, a speaker that belonged in a home not a van, one of those big ones with woofers and all of that. LOL Woofers...couldn't tell ya what the heck that is I just remember my friend was "into" that. SO this morning as the sun came up I thought of my friend, the van and stereo speaker owner and sent him an email. He is some fancy real estate guy in Florida now. In my email I asked if he remembers the day. He replied with:
"Only about 5 or 10 times a day. Those speakers hang in my garage now but I am pretty sure your DNA is gone"
Hah! That made me laugh and changed my mood for the day.
I was having a rough morning. TDogg woke up an hour early which almost caused me heart failure. He never ever gets up early and I am usually dragging him out of bed. But our TanMann stayed at his friends last night and neither of us slept that well knowing we are missing a part of our link. Anyway, once TDogg was up and I told him how early he was he jumped up and said; "cool, now I can stand in the shower for an hour without you yelling" and off he went. OK...lol whatever floats your boat kid, I was just glad he thought to shower without me screaming about it. After his hour long or so shower, I had an omelet waiting for him. Omelette's are his latest fav for breakfast..and you know, I am here to please. (LOL) Then we played some Wii, I was kicking butt when he remembered that I had promised to let him wear red hair gel today. "Nooo", I said "we only have 5 minutes-not enough time". Let me tell you, once the kid gets an idea he does not back down. SO up we went to do the RED gel! I had him looking pretty dang handsome, he had a lil fohawk (similar style to a mohawk)going on that was all tinted red. And all of a sudden the kids switch flips. He hates it and my only goal in life is to make him look stupid! He then starts pushing it all down with his hands-which are then all covered with red gel and then the bus pulls up. Off he ran yelling something about how I only want him to look like a dork. Lord help us I thought. The kid has white blond hair, pale white skin and a bright white NEW T-shirt on. There was nothing I could do but sit here feeling like crap. I am still out of a vehicle so I couldn't even go rescue him and his hair. Looking back on the whole thing I think he all of a sudden had a panic moment and was worried how he looked. TDogg has always liked to stand out, do things his way. Up until this year....yikes...kids are just plain scary!
Last week end I had all of his friends here for his football birthday party. Which went quite well. Rowdy, but fun....we all had fun. I made TDogg my first ever ice cream cake because HE doesn't like real cake! Even that turned out well- a football field ice cream cake (patting self on back here since kids forgot). We went to bed at about 11 that night, totally exhausted but ready for the next day (his actual birth day) when my family would all be here to celebrate. At 3:30a.m. I woke up and I felt kind of sick but when I looked at the clock I thought; interesting, this is the exact time he was born and then I was back to dream land. At 6:30a.m. TDogg woke me up, and he doesn't feel good. At 6:45 I was holding his head over the throw-up bucket. "This stinks" he said in between ralphs in the bucket. I felt so bad for the poor kid. I laid with almost the whole day, holding him, wiping his face, emptying his bucket and praying to God (a whole lot) that please, please, dont let me get this.
And then it occurred to me. I had spent a good part of last week being sad that he is growing up so fast and that I don't want him to go away from me. I want him to always need me, always think that I am the most important girl in his life...and there you have it. What kid doesn't need there Mom more than when they are sick and throwing up. Careful what you wish for is the lesson there................
ps. I am happy to report that neither myself or the mad scientist have caught that bug. Knock on wood....cuz if the mad-sci gets it, you (female)folks know..that the man of the house is alwaysssssss going to have the bug worse than anyone else...just ask him.
I have lost touch with all of the people we were with that night. We were in a van, you know..carpet.stereo system, funky lights...disco time. I actually cut my head on a stereo speaker, a speaker that belonged in a home not a van, one of those big ones with woofers and all of that. LOL Woofers...couldn't tell ya what the heck that is I just remember my friend was "into" that. SO this morning as the sun came up I thought of my friend, the van and stereo speaker owner and sent him an email. He is some fancy real estate guy in Florida now. In my email I asked if he remembers the day. He replied with:
"Only about 5 or 10 times a day. Those speakers hang in my garage now but I am pretty sure your DNA is gone"
Hah! That made me laugh and changed my mood for the day.
I was having a rough morning. TDogg woke up an hour early which almost caused me heart failure. He never ever gets up early and I am usually dragging him out of bed. But our TanMann stayed at his friends last night and neither of us slept that well knowing we are missing a part of our link. Anyway, once TDogg was up and I told him how early he was he jumped up and said; "cool, now I can stand in the shower for an hour without you yelling" and off he went. OK...lol whatever floats your boat kid, I was just glad he thought to shower without me screaming about it. After his hour long or so shower, I had an omelet waiting for him. Omelette's are his latest fav for breakfast..and you know, I am here to please. (LOL) Then we played some Wii, I was kicking butt when he remembered that I had promised to let him wear red hair gel today. "Nooo", I said "we only have 5 minutes-not enough time". Let me tell you, once the kid gets an idea he does not back down. SO up we went to do the RED gel! I had him looking pretty dang handsome, he had a lil fohawk (similar style to a mohawk)going on that was all tinted red. And all of a sudden the kids switch flips. He hates it and my only goal in life is to make him look stupid! He then starts pushing it all down with his hands-which are then all covered with red gel and then the bus pulls up. Off he ran yelling something about how I only want him to look like a dork. Lord help us I thought. The kid has white blond hair, pale white skin and a bright white NEW T-shirt on. There was nothing I could do but sit here feeling like crap. I am still out of a vehicle so I couldn't even go rescue him and his hair. Looking back on the whole thing I think he all of a sudden had a panic moment and was worried how he looked. TDogg has always liked to stand out, do things his way. Up until this year....yikes...kids are just plain scary!
Last week end I had all of his friends here for his football birthday party. Which went quite well. Rowdy, but fun....we all had fun. I made TDogg my first ever ice cream cake because HE doesn't like real cake! Even that turned out well- a football field ice cream cake (patting self on back here since kids forgot). We went to bed at about 11 that night, totally exhausted but ready for the next day (his actual birth day) when my family would all be here to celebrate. At 3:30a.m. I woke up and I felt kind of sick but when I looked at the clock I thought; interesting, this is the exact time he was born and then I was back to dream land. At 6:30a.m. TDogg woke me up, and he doesn't feel good. At 6:45 I was holding his head over the throw-up bucket. "This stinks" he said in between ralphs in the bucket. I felt so bad for the poor kid. I laid with almost the whole day, holding him, wiping his face, emptying his bucket and praying to God (a whole lot) that please, please, dont let me get this.
And then it occurred to me. I had spent a good part of last week being sad that he is growing up so fast and that I don't want him to go away from me. I want him to always need me, always think that I am the most important girl in his life...and there you have it. What kid doesn't need there Mom more than when they are sick and throwing up. Careful what you wish for is the lesson there................
ps. I am happy to report that neither myself or the mad scientist have caught that bug. Knock on wood....cuz if the mad-sci gets it, you (female)folks know..that the man of the house is alwaysssssss going to have the bug worse than anyone else...just ask him.



6 comments:
I don't like those 13th movies either. My boys always had to watch them. They like the gory ones but not me. The day it's self is usually a pretty good one for me so I didn't do any thing differently than usual. I'm just happy it is Friday and for 2 days I don't have to go into work.
Glad you and the mad scientist didn't get the bug! 'On Ya'-ma
gas grass or ass nobody rides for free lmao you riding in a shaggin wagon!
happy v-day
I just cracked up over Garnett's comment that I totally forgot what I was going to write! LOL
Hugs,Rose
what memories from 29 years ago!! had me laughing although at the time I'm sure there was nothing funny about it!
funny, my son and his girl were thinking of going to the new Friday 13th movie for Valentine's Day; must be love, LOL
so glad you nor the mad scientist got the flu bug!
enjoy your day
betty
There was a time when a gentleman wouldn't expect a woman to go to the emergency room until the third or fourth date. What's become of society?
Glad you recovered, dear.
Ben
http://ben-better_left_unsaid.blogspot.com
Happy Valentines Day to you and yuor family! Hope you little one is well soon.
Post a Comment