Thursday, February 19, 2009

round 4

OK..so I am up to round 4 now. Yes the dreaded flu has struck again. Now, call me petty but what is the deal with the main caretaker, who after caring for her children through vomiting, fevers and headaches, sterilizing and re-sterilizing our home, is rewarded with the same flu?? Gosh, I thought I was going to croak there for a bit. Then I lay there moaning (to myself since there is no one listening to me) and I think, how in the world did my little children endure this? Maybe I am just a whimp....but then they haven't spent the last 3 weeks up nights and all day caring for someone else. I might have been a tad worn down from all of that I suppose. Well, I am on the road to recovery now-even managed to get some coffee poured down me-which, I think, probably will help the pounding headache I have going on. A little bit of caffeine withdrawal going on, ya think??

The mad-sci has chosen his words carefully, especially since he has not yet recovered from his valentine errors. He does what he can for me, except for that he is gone to work for 15 hours of the day. Then, when he is home, he keeps a good 20-30 feet distance from me. And I don't blame him. Mostly I don't want him to come down with this because there is nothing worse than a sick man in the house. LOL I have paid my dues--please, please don't let him get it.

Yesterday, when I was flat on my back-except when I was bent over retching, poor Tan-Mann was on his own. He was nice enough to call and report to his Dad each and every time I hung my head in the bucket though. The Mad-Sci found this to be funny. As did my Mother, who TanMann also made sure to notify of my illness. I felt horrible that he was left with nothing to do, and when I would crawl to the top of the living room stairway to check on him he was deeply engrossed in cooking shows!! He must have watched 2-3 hours of cooking on PBS. Could be worse I suppose.

T-Dogg came home and took over man of the house duties. He knows to bring me ice chips and he also managed to microwave dinner for himself and TanMann. I was very proud of him. I didn't actually see how everything turned out but at least they ate something. Plus it was one of the rare times that I had t.v. dinners in the house. Remember those? My Mother always had them, and I would too except for that if you ever read the labels, there is almost no nutritional value at all. So, last week at the grocery store I gave in, because the boys always beg for them and I bought a couple. They were mac&cheese with chicken nuggets and corn. I didn't check but there has to be some nutritional value in that.

At any rate, there were no fires or explosions in the microwave. So T-Dogg must have read the directions and served up dinner for his brother and himself. When the Mad-Sci came home he rewarded both boys for taking care of me and themselves with candy and beef jerky. WTH??
Sometimes I really wonder, what goes on inside the head of a Mad-Scientist.

5 comments:

garnett109 said...

Get well soon!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It was bound to happen. The Mad Sci probably hasn't caught it cause he is gone 15 hours a day. Glad you are feeling better.
'On Ya'-ma

betty said...

poor you!! glad you are on the mend though, just don't push too hard to get a relapse; you are right, I do hope the mad scientist doesn't get it; a sick hubby is never a good thing (but we train them, you know? we coddle our boys when they are sick and what do they grow up to be?? men who want to be coddled when they are sick)

good for T-Dog making dinner!! so cute T-Man as watching cooking shows

do take care

betty

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're sick, hope you get well soon.

Linda said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! Glad the kids did such a great job taking care of things! Linda