Thursday, November 20, 2008

Here I am again-twice in two days. Maybe I could have been having Internet withdrawals-since I went almost 3 weeks with out my beloved computer. Who knows - or cares but here I go anyway..............

OK, so lots of journaling is done about what individuals are grateful for or how they are blessed. Well, me being.............well ---- me, here is my version:

Things that totally tick me off....

1. Gas prices. Yesterday I paid $1.74 for a gallon of gas. WTH?? Honestly, the cost of filling my car drops in half and the local news reports that but not why???!!! The news also does not report that the guys at the head of the fuel cost issues are going to jail-which is where they should be-and then their bank accounts should be disbursed to feed the starving-or something. I wonder how do those people sleep at night.
(This is a rant post-if you want politically correct and accuracy of terms you better click off right now!)

2. Guys in big 4 wheel drive trucks who swerve in and out of traffic creating all kinds of hazards just to get ahead of the next guy. Although they passed me miles back, when I reach the stop light-there they are sitting next tome waiting on the same light.

3. Crying. You know, I consider myself a pretty strong individual. I have been through some truly crappy times and I survive. I can lift one end of a 3000lb couch and carry it outdoors to a truck. I can carry boxes that must weigh 400lbs each and then carry them again and then unpack them and put all that junk away. I can arrange and organize a whole household-alone with two little boys following me around ("why???MOM??Whyyyy can't we go play at McDonalds playland?? WHYYYYY Can't we have friends sleep over tonight??WHYYY? MOM???WHYY???). So when the kindergarten teacher says "hold on a minute I want to give you something" and then hands me photo's of my little TanMan at school throughout the year-starting with day one of his education; why is it that I lose it and bust out crying in front of a whole room of kindergartners. Go to office to have T-DOG pulled out of class, cry some more when secretaries ask how the transition is going. (I had 3 other office workers in tears before I walked out of there). Then drive Thomas to his new school to meet the new teacher. Spend the 30 minute commute trying to compose myself when all I want to do is pull over and cry. I then enter the new classroom with my very brave 8 year old son and Mrs. New Teacher says; "My class is very excited to have you Thomas, in fact look what we have for you" and then hands us a whole pile of handmade greeting cards welcoming my son to his new school. ME? Of course-I cry again. Mrs. Teacher looks at me like I am nuts. I don't know-maybe I am.

4. Car washes that cost me 8 bucks and after driving through and all the way home, smiling because I feel all shiny and new. Then get out of car, turn around to admire shiny car and see that 8 bucks got only the top layer of grime off.

5. Snack bags. Three times now I have been to Walmart to get sandwich bags. Ziplock sandwich bags. Three times I have managed to come home with snack bags which are about a quarter of the size of a sandwich bag. Two oreo cookies fit in the dang thing. Who sends two oreo cookies anywhere??

6. Internet tech guys who help you get back on line but have a heavy accent and make me say"whattt??" a thousand times before I am up and running. No more explanation needed here.

7. Utility companies. Why do I have to call Colorado, speak with foreign sounding guy, all to get billing in my name when I live in Minnesota? (This probably should have been lumped with #6)

8. I have nurtured, fed and clothed my children since their very first breath. So why is it that now I know nothing. Why is it that they are sooooooooooo much more fashionable than me. Do they not know that the great taste they have developed in clothing and hair styles is all totally thanks to, who else?? MOM!!! Gosh.....think about it boys......
Someday when you have children of your own is running through my mind here. Please make that stop. lol


9. People who are insistent about picking apart my grammar, spelling and writing ability. This is for me-read it if you like but excuse the mess I make of it. I am a busy woman. I am busy teaching my 5 year old the 100 sight words he needs to know by the end of this school year. Not only that, I am busy studying spelling words , explaining what a verb is and now multiplication to an 8 year old.

LOL
How scary is that???????

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You havae had an emotional time of it lately. There is a matter of strength and a matter of being strong...totally 2 different things. Nurture one and take care of the other. Glad you got the school thing done, now you can move on to bigger and better. 'On Ya'-ma

Robin said...

I think a lot of your stress and focus has been on "must do" lists and such, and then the beautiful gestures from former teacher, former school, and, wow, God bless her welcome the new teacher, also -- just hit you. Maybe you need more downtime, or sleep, too:) Not like either will happen until, hmmm, hopefully January but while boys are boys...... a long time. Still. We're human, and that your boys are so cared for and about, IS special. :)

betty said...

I thought that was sweet that your son's new teacher had classmates make a card for him; what a wonderful welcome!! (I would have cried too; in fact I did one year when we changed school midyear and saw my son's new classroom and the desk was all ready for him with his name and supplies and everything). goodbyes are hard; new beginnings are hard; life is hard, sometimes those tears will come; just let them come; it shows that you are caring and care and the world needs more of that these days

(((hugs to you))))

betty

Bookncoffee said...

Good to get all that out isn't it? lol. I have a lot of the same pet peeves.
Sonya

Rose said...

You released all of your pain....that's good.....now you can go on.

Hugs, Rose