Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be
the source of your joy.
— Thich Nhat Hanh
When I first started journaling I thought it would be a good way to save all the cute little things my boys say and also the milestones in our lives. This last week we had one of those moments and here it is......
First off since the mad scientist has made it through his probation period at his job we now have health insurance!! What a feature in life! We have went a good two years without insurance and probably saved a lot of money since we are basically healthy. A few trips to the doc for the boys for this and that which required cash payments but we managed. Now, however, since we have insurance I have put myself in line for a major overhaul. Starting with my eyes, because being able to see and read is pretty important. Driving was getting to be a challenge because I need glasses to see far away-and I had those. But I couldn't read the dash board unless I took my glasses off to look there. Driving 70 on a highway it gets pretty dangerous when one is fumbling around with eye glasses. Not only that, with my new job delivering mail, well, you can imagine how that was going. So off to the eye doc I went....the Doc says I have healthy eyes but he sure wouldn't let his kids ride with me and he is glad I don't deliver his mail. hmmmmmm "so, I wasn't just imagining this stuff huh?"
BIFOCALS!!! I have reached the stage!!! Getting used to these bifocals has been interesting too- I have lost count of how many curbs I have stumbled up and down. At the top of a flight of stairs it is enough to give you motion sickness. No falls down any stairs but I do have a firm grip on the rail when going down. I know have a new range of motion with my neck too. Look up, look down-where the heck is the sweet spot of these glasses again?? Gosh getting old is great fun.
So, the next step is off to have the wrinkles pulled out of my face; the dreaded but much necessary mammogram!! And if gyn doc even insinuates the beginning of menopause-I'm headed for the hills!!!! Someone stop this train I want to get off!!!
Note: My Dads open heart surgery is scheduled for Tuesday the 7th of October. A triple bypass and valve replacement. Prayers much appreciated!!!!



5 comments:
oh, it's no fun getting older!!!!
Thinking of you and sending thoughts your way for your dad
:-)
You'll get used to the bifocals! I have transitional lenses and I adapted immediately to them; my husband still struggles with his a few years later; it is nice to be able to see though; oh the joys of aging! I'm glad you got health insurance! that's neat and a great accomplishment for your husband!!!
will keep your dad in my prayers
(I was going to leave journaling but then wishy-washy pathetic me couldn't, LOL; I'm just limiting time; here's my new link just in case you want to follow it and didn't have it)
http://acorgitellsatale.blogspot.com/
betty
Ok, trying to find all my journals I visited over on AOL....I had you in my google reader from AOL...but wanted to follow you on blogger. Glad you are going to blogger.
Sonya
http://mysouthernhome.blogspot.com/
I sooo relate to your eye problems!! I wear contacts and when I read I have to have the reading glasses (so cute! NOT!) But when I take my contacts out and am just wearing my glasses, I have to take my glasses off to read, at least that's been the case in recent past. NOW, however, I'm finding that even with my glasses off it's getting blurry! I dread this trip to the eye doctor. Boy howdy, don't we take our vision for granted!
I'll be praying for your Dad that he is blessed with a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. I started with the bifocals about the age of 45 and not long after I went to tri-focals. I now have 3 views to take. The middle is for the computer work I do all day long. Called a computer sinc or something like that. It won't be long and you'll get used to them. The only time I have trouble anymore is on a ladder. 'On Ya' - ma
Post a Comment