Good Lord....it is a Monday for sure. I find it interesting that I can have two children who are so much alike in many ways and yet so different. I am telling you TDog is going to send me right off the edge someday. Our day here starts at 6A.M. when I go upstairs to wake the boys up. I usually meet TanMan in the hallway and he goes with me off to the shower, gets dressed and eats breakfast. It is when I put TanMan in the shower that I start my dealings with TDog. I quietly go in his room, snuggle with him and try to wake him up and then 30 minutes later I am standing in his doorway screaming-yes, screaming for him to get up. Then he calmly slides out of bed and walks slow..so slow that if it were any slower he would be going backwards. Then he looks at what clothes I have picked out and says NO, that shirt is stupid. Arghh...OK-hurry up and get out of the shower and pick out your own clothes. Ten minutes later I go to check on him in the shower and there he lays-yes, lays, with the shower running on him. Who the heck lays down in the shower??? Finally, with 15 minutes left before the bus gets here, I shut the shower off and throw the towel on him. Walk away, because I am ready to snap. Go back in and there he stands wrapped in a towel. I yank the towel off and start drying him off-while he yells at me because he is cold. Then, I pretty much dress him, all except for the shirt which he still needs to decide on. I run up and start his breakfast, glance over as TanMan is sitting on the couch relaxing, watching cartoons. Get the oatmeal going, then run up and yell at TDog to hurry up, brush your teeth, comb your hair!!!! Oh, and then the running argument this morning is that TDog is NOT wearing his snow boots and there is no way on Gods earth that he is bringing his snow pants. Somewhere in all of this the MadScientist calls from work;Him:"hi! How is it going?"
Me: "ohhhhh, your son is soooo lucky I haven't hurt him this morning"
Him: "Why? whats going on??"
Me: "Look, I have 2 minutes to get these boys out the door, TDog is too cool to wear boots or snow pants, no matter that we have fresh snow on the ground and more coming today and that it is 20 some degrees out there. I am not even going to think about how his teacher probably thinks I am a terrible Mother, sending him off to school with no winter gear. His project won't get done because he thinks I am so dumb as to believe it isn't supposed to come home and that all work is being done at school.
Him: "Oh, so what do you plan on getting done today?"
Me: (insert profanity here)
I am trying to remember why it is that I always thought that the Mad-Sci and I would sacrifice so many things to raise our children without daycare. I really don't miss the stuff I give up by staying home. Like, I can't remember when I last bought myself a new pair of jeans. Or that I don't have a decent winter coat except for that fancy one that I would wear to...to I don't know where. I have not been out with any of my friendsin ages-what friends I have left - since I devote my entire life to these two boys of mine. I don't even mind that my once elegant Christmas tree is now covered with construction paper and glitter. I don't mind being labeled as the meanest Mom ever because I won't allow an x-box or whatever the heck that thing is-even if my kids are the ONLY ones who don't have video games or cable t.v. and I don't mind that, the one bottle of wine I splurged on then drank half of a glass before I fell asleep, is sitting on my counter 3 weeks later going to waste. But as I sit here now, sipping my coffee...daycare...I could just drop the boys off, go off and have a life. It may be a life of work and a different type of stress....but man, the kid is only 8. What the heck am I going to do when he is 14???

And then there is the TanMan;
"Mom, would you cuddle with me on the couch?
or TDog: "Mom, will lay in bed with me and read?"
Funny, how when you are waddling around, growing these humans in your belly--No one tells you there will be days like these..........
Maybe the thing to do is to sit around all day in my pajamas, eating cookies and drinking my coffee, watching soap operas. Then when I come out of that fantasy I can wade through the mountain of laundry I have - no matter that I just did 4 loads yesterday. How can two little bodies generate all of that?? Then I can keep my shoes on all day because of the fear of losing a sock when I step on the kitchen floor that is sticky from who knows what. Then we can just eat off of the counter tops since the dirty dishes are there-they aren't going away. Maybe I should throw them all away. Save 4 plates, 4 cups and 4 forks-- maybe..ahhhh that list can go on and on....and now look what my fantasy has turned into. Sitting around watching soap operas....I can't really remember but I am pretty sure 10 years ago, when I had a fantasy, that was not it.



3 comments:
Eight is way to young to be like that ... I wish I had some good advice for you on that one. I'd wonder if one of mine had acted like that if maybe he got enough sleep at night? Never had that problem as they were all early risers. Course at that age bedtime was 8:30 too. Thankfully, they all wore uniforms while they were in grade school. 'On Ya'-ma
my second one was like your TDog; he would not get out of bed in the morning for anything; we had a struggle most of his school days except if he wanted to get up to do something; he is just not a morning person; I sympathize with you; I used to think that too about day care, LOL, because the kids in day care always seemed to be having so much fun, but then all the day care kids who would hang out with my kids envied the fact that they didn't have to go to day care, so you know you are doing the best thing for them.
hang in there; I wish I could say it gets better, but it doesn't......not for a long time.......but they do love us and as frustrating as they are at times, we love them sometimes more than life itself and so we hang in there
betty
I can remember when my kids were all about the age of your two, and there was five of them. I didn't know whether I was coming or going, but I'll tell you one thing. Enjoy it and hang on to it coz it all too soon passes and they are all grown up and you are on your own and wishing they were getting in your hair again! Trust me, it will happen. :-)
Post a Comment